The 10 benefits of dancing flamencoJanuary 10, 2023
The Morente family: Granada's flamenco dynastyFebruary 16, 2023
What plans can you make before or after seeing our Flamenco show? Find out the best plans in Granada.
Apart from visiting the Alhambra, there are plenty of options to get to know the city of Granada, which has a varied tourist offer for those who visit the city. Among all these options, we have selected some of the best plans in Granada that can help you to complete the day, both before and after seeing our flamenco show. Here are our recommendations.
The best places to eat in Granada
Where to have lunch or dinner in the center of Granada?
Flamenco Tablao Casa Ana is located in the heart of Granada, where there are many places and many options where you can complete the day with a varied gastronomic offer. Here we are going to recommend some restaurants where you can eat tapas or raciones of good quality and at a good price. The city offers a wide gastronomic culture and, undoubtedly, it is one of the best plans in Granada that you can do.
Best tapas bars in the center of Granada.
Tapas are a great attraction for tourists visiting the city and although there are endless plans that you can do, going for tapas is one of the best plans in Granada while walking through its beautiful streets full of historic corners.
- Bodegas Castañeda: Although it is quite touristy, the quality of the products of this place is exceptional. To have some tapas, it has to be inside, at the bar; outside or at the low tables is for lunch or dinner. We recommend you to try the tables that this place offers: cold or hot, with Iberian sausages, cheeses, etc. of excellent quality at a more than affordable price. Sometimes there is a waiting list, but do not worry because they are usually quite fast.
- La Esquinita de JaviFor fish lovers, in this traditional bar you will find fresh and quality fish. Both fried and other options, it is an ideal place for tapas and to taste delicious dishes at a very good price.
- Los ManuelesAnother classic of Granada, for its tapas and portions. Although it is quite touristic, the value for money is more than reasonable. For tapas, you should use the high tables, although we recommend that you try their portions, such as eggplants with honey or carved sirloin steak, a classic of the house.
Best restaurants in the center of Granada.
The gastronomic offer is not only focused on tapas. It is also worth mentioning certain restaurants where to have lunch or dinner in the city center, where the walk through its streets are also among our recommendations as the best plans in Granada.
- El Mercader: A small and intimate restaurant where you can enjoy elaborate and high quality dishes at very reasonable prices. In addition, the attention is very personalized, a familiar and very close atmosphere that makes the experience more satisfying if possible. It is very close to our flamenco tablao, so it is an ideal option to end the evening with flamenco and quality cuisine.
- Negro Carbón: This legendary restaurant in Granada specializes in high quality meats. Although the price is somewhat high, the quality is worth it because they work with ingredients of guaranteed high quality. It is located on a street that leads to the Paseo de los Tristes, just 5 minutes from our flamenco tablao.
- Betula Nana: With a more contemporary approach to its cuisine, this recently opened restaurant promises to give much to talk about in the city of Granada. And the quality of the products they use, as well as the mix between traditional and modernity in the presentation of their dishes makes it quickly for many is becoming one of the best restaurants in the center of Granada in which to hit yes or yes.
Best tours in Granada
The city is full of history and there is no better way to know it than through sightseeing tours, which for us, is another of the fundamental activities that can not miss among your plans in Granada. Apart from the free tours through the center, which always give a generic and panoramic view of the city, there are some more specific tours that are well worth doing, both because they give a more comprehensive knowledge of the city itself and others that go a little out of the ordinary to get to know the city from another perspective.
- Free Tour Federico Garcia LorcaThis tour uses as a common thread a character as important for the city of Granada as Lorca, who is also closely related to the world of flamenco and one of the precursors of the famous Concurso de Cante Jondo that gave so much fame to flamenco in Granada.
- Sacromonte and Albaicin Sunset TourWith this tour you can enjoy one of the best panoramic views of the city, through the Sacromonte neighborhood, with its typical cave houses, and the Albaicin, a neighborhood of Andalusian origin with a network of labyrinthine streets, World Heritage Site by UNESCO since 1994. History, anecdotes and legends surround these picturesque neighborhoods.
Best plans in Granada less known by tourists.
What not so touristic places can you see in Granada?
In this section we are going to recommend some of the plans in Granada less known by visitors. That is, not very well known places in the city where you can enjoy views of Granada of those that are not easily forgotten, as well as some of the most important monuments of the city that do not fall within the conventional tourist tours of Granada.
- Silla del Moro: In this list, in first place, is undoubtedly this magical place from which to enjoy privileged views from the top of the Alhambra. This place was a strategic point of surveillance of the entrance of the Acequia Real in the Alhambra, the only point of water supply to the palatine city. Hence these privileged views. To get to the Silla del Moro, the easiest way is to go around the Alhambra to the ticket office area and continue through the parking area towards the traffic circle that gives access to the Cemetery San José de Granada. Just to the left is a road with restricted access to vehicles. If you continue straight ahead you will find one of the best sunsets in Granada. Afterwards, on your way back to the city center, you can enjoy our flamenco show, completing an evening of emotion and good taste.
- Mirador de Almanzora or Mirador de la Churra: This almost unknown viewpoint, at the foot of the Alhambra, is one of the few from which you can not see the Nasrid monument. On the contrary, you can find magnificent views of the Albaicín.
- Mirador Placeta Carvajales: Although perhaps not as spectacular as the famous Mirador de San Nicolas, it is not as well known, so it is not as crowded. It is a place with a special charm, as it is very quiet and is an ideal place to sit quietly to contemplate the palace complex of the Alhambra while we catch our breath and continue the winding streets of the Albaicín.
- Carmen de la Victoria: It is the jewel in the crown of this list of places to visit among the best plans in Granada. It is located on the Cuesta del Chapiz, a street that connects the Paseo de los Tristes with the upper part of the Albaicín or Sacromonte. Approximately in the middle of the slope we find this carmen of the Albaicín (the term comes from the Arabic karm which means something like house with vineyard). It is owned by the University of Granada and serves as a university residence for faculty, a place for events and exhibitions, some flamenco shows, etc.. It is worth a stop for its impressive views from its gardens. To enter, all you have to do is knock on the entry phone. The door will open and the entrance is totally free. From our flamenco tablao you can get there on foot, along San Juan de los Reyes street, which connects in a straight line with Casa Ana and this carmen. The opening hours of Carmen de la Victoria are from 10:00h to 13:30h and from 17:00h to 19:00h.
- Dobla de Oro Route: This route includes six well-preserved monuments from the Hispano-Muslim period, managed by the Patronato de la Alhambra. All of them are located in the neighborhood of the Albaicín and, taking advantage of the free admission on Sundays, we recommend you to visit:
- The BañueloA few meters from our Tablao Flamenco, these Andalusian baths of the XII century are the best preserved of this era and a very interesting sample of public life at the time of Al-Andalus. The opening hours of El Bañuelo are from 10:00h to 17:00h.
- Palace of Dar Al-HorraPalace of Dar Al-Horra: Palace of the 15th century where Boabdil's mother stayed. The opening hours of Dar Al-Horra Palace are from 10:00h to 17:00h.
- Mirador de San Miguel Alto: It is the highest viewpoint of the city, the peak where the second wall of the city from the Nasrid period closes. From there there is a panoramic view of the whole city, from the Alhambra, the cathedral, the Albaicin neighborhood or the Vega of Granada. It is an ideal place to see one of the best sunsets in Granada, one of those that are not easily forgotten. You can walk up, but it is a somewhat hard climb, so you can also go by bus with the following lines from the city center: C31, C32 and C34.
Without a doubt, we recommend you to visit these places and enjoy their charms. They are less popular places for tourists among the plans in Granada, but no less impressive.
Where to buy typical products from Granada?
Granada is full of cultures. Among them the one that stands out is the Nasrid culture that surrounds many of its streets, which are full of Arab stores where you can buy endless beautiful souvenirs enjoying shopping in its narrow streets as another of the best plans in Granada.
- Spices and infusions: For many tourists visiting Granada it is very typical, almost essential, to take spices and infusions with great quality, a very intense aroma and with a great variety to choose from. The most common is to buy teas and infusions in the street Calderería Nueva, better known as Calle de las Teterías. Walking down this famous street makes us think that we have moved to any Moroccan market, remembering that Andalusian past that Granada has. This street is just behind Casa Ana, you can get there on foot.
- Cerámica de Fajalauza: Typical ceramics from Granada, with more than 300 years of tradition that still maintains the essence of craftsmanship. You can buy a wide variety of ceramic products with the aesthetic seal that only Fajalauza ceramics have. It is an ideal souvenir or gift for your visit to Granada. You can buy it in Granart, very close to our flamenco tablao, in the Plaza Nueva. They have articles of quality and with very good taste.
- Gourmet food products: For those who love good food and what they want is to take an exquisite souvenir to take to the palate, such as oil, cheese or ham of excellent quality, we recommend you to do it in Al Sur de Granada.
Do you already know what are the best plans in Granada?
Granada is one of the trendiest cities and it is not surprising, as it is one of the most beautiful and cultural cities in Spain. In this article we have given you some of our recommendations among the best plans in Granada, although the truth is that there are endless plans that we have not mentioned and that are worth your visit to the city. In your visit to the city we recommend you to visit us in our Tablao Flamenco Casa Ana, where we will gladly recommend you the best plans in Granada according to your days of stay.